Bottleworks build plate upgrade for almost a year now and in that time I've run through 4 glass plates. Two snapped in pieces for various reasons, mostly my fault. Two of them chipped glass off the surface of them that stuck to the print. Not a good situation. (It's hard to see in the picture but those glass plates are massively chipped on the surface.) So when I was presented with the opportunity to try a G10 epoxy plate I got one and finally tried it out.
The problem with the G10 glass plate, as it turns out, is that hairspray doesn't stick to it. No matter how many coat, no matter what I try, when I remove the print I'm left with a naked spot on the print. Funny thing, that's about the only way to remove the hairspray because when I try to wash it the hairspray decides then it wants to stay on the plate.
So i tried something crazy: